Sunday, 18 September 2011

Hibernation


I shall keep this short; I am putting this blog to sleep for a while. Maybe weeks, more likely months and I doubt it will be years.

Things are changing, my ideas are changing and I think I owe it to myself to have a go at a different approach. Something Francis said on a previous post:

I think that we should be aiming for a lifestyle that aims at making explicit the connection between our lives and the land around us. (I agree growing and/or harvesting your own food from within the landscape you live in is the most obvious way in to this approach).Sustainability is a happy inevitable consequence of re-engaging with the land immediately around us - but focusing on sustainability as a goal can sometimes create a sort of relationship by proxy with the land around us.

So here is the thing; I think I am doing this by proxy. I am thinking the relationship with the gods comes through a relationship with the land not the other way around or separately. Matters such as sovereignty and relationships with the gods as a means of communing with the landscape – in a much more pantheistic sense – are still foremost. This isn't a switch to atheism, more an experiment in trying to dance along a different way as the sun turns.

I will finish off a couple of articles I had in mind for here and get that 'personal theology' page fitted out. I will drop in and maybe post something – we shall see – but for now I am going to concentrate on the other things I do and of course will blog a bit about it elsewhere. By elsewhere I do mean here.

So anyway, this is a goodbye of sorts, I wish you all well in your pursuits whatever they may be and no doubt I will be noseying about at what you get up to and sticking in my oar.

Lee

1 comment:

Nellie said...

You know, for the last few weeks or so I've been having this unsettling feeling that I'm one step removed... that I'm just not getting something right. It's been a bit upsetting actually. You've given me something to chew on by shaping your thoughts into words here.