Friday, 24 September 2010

Theurgy


I learned a new word recently: theurgy. Which is rather handy as it is something that encapsulates nicely the one element missing from my personal practice at the moment. I would like to think I have got my lunar devotional work to a good place; it has been something like 8 months now and I am keeping up with it all – pretty much, aside from the odd day slippage when life throws something up - which is good for me. 

So I think this is certainly an area to focus on for the time being, especially in terms of the 'how to'. There are a number of trance practices which I can draw upon here and some of which I have experience with, that said working on something new isn't a bad thing at all. We shall see and I shall of course post a report! Wild hallucinations and all! (in fact I am looking forward to those somewhat)

In addition, I have been considering the possibility of incorporating Taranis into my personal practice. Originally I was thinking of slotting him into the lunar devotional cycle but this just doesn't feel right. So, the possibility of a lesser yearly festival to him cropped up and this seems to fit better for now. The next thing to consider is when to do this – someone has suggested elsewhere that when the first thunderstorms begin – and this seems like a good point to bear in mind. 

Then, last week I was woken 2 days on the trot by the honking of geese flying overhead, an occurrence whose meaning wasn't lost on me. Coupled with the only thunder I have heard in London this year the week before it seemed like and certainly occurred to me that this was a big hint. So, I have my time, I have my place I just need now to establish what I will do.

Last of all, another one of those things that has been playing on my mind of late is setting up of a magical working group, perhaps a teaching coven. That said it wont be a Wiccan one (at least not initially as I am not in a position to do so and don't really have the desire to do so either at the moment) and will be a straightforward religious witchcraft coven based around a set of deities whom I already have in mind. Without going into more detail at this early stage it will mesh together general witchcraft within a framework of gods and ritual akin to what I have been developing myself, so whilst it pains me use this term at the moment it is somehow more descriptive and fitting; Brythonic witchcraft. I need to give this a lot more thought and embark on discussion with various parties. Then again, I might not and do so further in the future in a similar guise. So, once again I will have something different to blogasm about.

1 comment:

dg said...

Look forward to see how your brython witchcraft develops.

I'm not being sarcy either :O)