Friday, 26 March 2010

Spring


Well, it seems that Blogger has added some bells and whistles to these blogs so I guess it would be rude not to make use of them.

I don’t have an awful lot to report; my lunar based observances are progressing, I am getting a lot from the Household Cult based one and have the second Rigantona based one upcoming. As time goes on I am realising this is the perfect format for me to work within.

Spring is here! About a week ago there was a very clear, very distinct shift in the climate here; it went from cold, bitterly so, to being rather mild and much sunnier. This pattern has continued and the sunny and mild weather is still with us. The elder tree in next door’s garden which I can see from my bathroom window (something to gaze at whilst brushing my teeth) is beginning to put out shoots, there is a blackthorn in blossom with some leaf buds popping out on the way down to Brixton. This relatively sudden outburst of photosynthetic activity is heartening , I really enjoy this kind of climate; sunny yet not too hot, with a fresher feel to the air (as fresh as London can get though I guess).

8 comments:

Potia said...

The new look has inspired me to play too :)

We have spring up here in Glasgow too although the last couple of days have been rainy and not sunny.

Lee said...

it's a bit miserable here today too. spotted a lovely blackthorn in full blossom on the way to work and at the moment a rather large birch has been planted out the front of the museum to go with the butterfly house for the summer. looking forward to seeing it leaf over the coming weeks.

Robin said...

Interesting look to your blog. Are you relieved to away from the moribund realms of the BBC religion page? I haven't posted in about 6 weeks, and no-one has even noticed ~ which says something for my memorable presence!

Lee said...

Robin: gods yes, its become a waste of space. nothing interesting going on and the clique witter on about crayons and glitter rooms. the nervous paranoia over new people is particularly nauseating. oh well, nothing lost by my leaving. i just wonder how long jez will last.

Robin said...

Just seems to be a stomping ground for a small number of self-important Wiccans and their toadies.

Lee said...

whether Wiccan or wiccan is apparently a matter of discussion :)

Robin said...

It's woeful when arguments over a capital letter incite more passion than any attempt to develop a cohesive theology.

It was the attempts by certain posters to out-cantanker each other that really wore me down. Whilst I don't share your liking of 'Pam', the incessant self-righteous hostility to new posters was embarrassing.

Fog Patches. said...

“Just seems to be a stomping ground for a small number of self-important Wiccans and their toadies.”

Damn it! If only somebody had spotted this sooner!