Wednesday, 14 October 2009

It's funny how it happens, but..

.. I am finding that the creation myth I invented with some inspriation and assistance from others is weedling it's way into my way of doing things.

I find myself wanting to get hold of a pair of antlers and use them to build some sort of altar representative of the cosmology hinted at in the invented myth. Some inspriation from Traditional Witchraft got me thinking of an outdoors altar with antlers on a stang with a cauldron at the base; the three realms in microcosm. In terms of a personal altar I was thinking the two antlers side by side pointing upwards like two supports, a nice broad wooden bowl for 'stuff' and them various amulets, symbols etc hung from the antlers like stars set in place for/by the gods.

I am tempted to think that on a personal level this myth of pure invention is taking on a life of it's own.

Funny that.

No comments: