Monday, 2 February 2009

Snow Day

This is not going to fall within the 'remit' of this blog at all, but I don't have a standard blog and don't really think it wise to have one which ties my 'religious' life with my 'professional' one considering my field etc.

it has been snowing like a beast in London. Around 9 inches of the stuff. Work is closed and I am under instructions from the Keeper of Palaeontology NOT to go in today – I have email proof if you doubt me – and to work from home. This I have been doing (collection level descriptions of the Permian Glass Mountain brachiopod collection) though I did go out for an hour or two around lunchtime to play in the local park; snowball fights, snowmen and virgin snow to savour trudging in. I have come to the conclusion that one of the greatest pleasures in life is just that: fresh virgin snow waiting to be trodden on, that feeling of endeavour and exploration into new territory made all the better by the smothered crunching underfoot. The saddest thing that of course follows in tandem is grey slush on roads; grit and grime and ice and water; the death of snow.

Here is the pictorial evidence of today's work:




1 comment:

Bo said...

great snowman!!