Tuesday, 11 December 2007

Fucking Faeries

not in the literal sense, they tend to split.

I volunteered to read and review a book for Pentacle; A Faery Treasury by Jacky Newcomb and Alicen Geddes-Ward. I expected a fetid heap of nonsensical fluff and by the Gods did i get it.

I wont go into too much detail here otherwise it will spoil the review, also, I think i might write an article on the fondness and lack of critical faculties when it comes to the fae within modern paganism. Suffice to say these choice quotes popped out of the page:

"King Arthur is thought to be a faery king and god incarnate in a human body"

"unicorns and the loch ness monster [are faery creatures]"

There is also remark abut ho first we have to imagine the faeries and they will appear, in the image you imagined, of course this isn't making them up! Jesus suffering fuck.

Then there is the hypocrisy throughout the book.


No amount of clapping would save Tinkerbell this time




3 comments:

Bo said...

'Jesus suffering fuck'. What a great expression! I like 'Jesus Christ on a cock with candles' myself.
I use to work in a New Age shop which sold simpering china 'faeries' to little children, in glass jars. I used to hand them over to the delighted little girls and say: 'Now, do you know what faeries eat?'. Their eager little faces looked up at me, expecting, no doubt, cakes baked with moonbeams, or pollen porridge. 'Each other', I snapped, and sent them on their way, wailing.
M

Ancestral Celt said...

I'm looking forward to this review. Which edition of Pentacle is it in?

lee said...

it will be in the Beltane one.

it is not a kind review.

not at all.

Tinkerbell will weep. tears of blood.